background





Wednesday 10 July 2013

My first spoon.

     Here is my first ever spoon carved from a section of a Sycamore branch. I wanted to take on a couple of spoon types by using only my trusty Mora. I will purchase a crook knife eventually but with a bit of informal advice I received from Jay at Woodland Ways regarding carving techniques, I have decided to give it a try. I am in fact very proud of the result. 

     The spoon can only be used for stirring as the bowl doesn't go that deep at all. With it being quite a small spoon with a shallow bowl shape I slightly struggled to make it perfect as it does have some minor dints in the middle where the front of the Mora has dug in. 
 
     However, overall i will be looking forward to using the spoon when it has dried out and had a soak in olive oil. By the way, it's great if you happen to be left-handed.
 
     So here it is :)
 

     

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment